Hey beautiful people,
So this past Thursday I had a facial after a very long time and I swore to myself I would have regular facials again cause my skin is thanking me :)Even a few days later my skin still feels and looks great so I love me some facials!! I had mine done at Premier Day Spa at the Mall Westlands and it took approx one hour. They used Premier Dead Sea Mineral products and this line is sooo good. Please check out their site on http://premier-deadsea.co.ke
So what's the big deal about facials you ask well here's the scoop. A facial does for your skin what a month of exercise and good nutrition does for your body – noticeably improve its look and feel. Through exfoliation, deep-cleaning of the pores, stimulating improved circulation, and use of professional-strength products, your esthetician can make a lot of progress towards improving your skin in a single session. Like the personal trainer, that has experience, techniques, products and equipment that cannot be replicated at home.
Regular facials (especially with an active home-care regimen) will help prevent breakouts, keep your surface cells newer and healthier, and thereby ensure that your skin looks its very best. Your esthetician can recommend the optimal frequency for your particular skin - it will vary from person to person.
So the basic steps of a facial are
- A skin analysis- using a magnifying lamp the esthetician finds out your skin type and skin condition
- Steaming- with the use of a machine steam is used to open pores
- Exfoliation- using a scrub dead skin is removed from the surface
- Extraction- using an extraction tool black heads and whites are extracted from pores
- Facial massage- this is to relax the facial muscles
- Face Mask- this applied according to your skin type
- Cleansing, Toning and Moisturising with serums and creams
Although it varies from person to person one should ideally get a facial monthly because that's how long it takes the skin to regenerate. Try to have a facial at least four times a year, as the season changes. You may need it more frequently if you are trying to clear up a case of acne, especially at the beginning. Otherwise, once a month is plenty. You can overdo it, especially if you have sensitive skin.
So hope this inspires you to get a facial treatment soon.
Be blessed y'all