Friday 5 October 2012

I'm falling back in love with my hair




Hey all,
So me and my hair made up and we are back to being the best of friends.. My hair is better moisturised and I'm experiencing less breakage and shedding.
You asking how this happened well I went back and checked my regimen and the products I was using and decided to research and change things up.
The two major things I was battling with very dry hair and breakage
So I checked my moisturising routine and products... I used to use Hello Hydration conditioner and Suave Coconut conditioner but the two are now out of stock everywhere so I started using Alberto Balsam Strawberries and cream conditioner (smells so yum) and it is working great when de-tangling. I also started to de-tangle and wash in sections which has helped greatly as I don't snag my hair as much so less breakage. My leave in conditioner I realised was the problem and I was not using a good one. I started to look for one and I found one at Tusky's  that I believe is working quite well. Africa's Best Kids' Organics De-tangling Hair Lotion.
product image

 I had once bought this for my daughter's hair and didn't give it another thought but I started to use it and wow my hair is soft and the curls really pop. The reviews say that it :
Allows for easy, tangle free combing while restoring a healthy moisture balance. Formulated with Shea butter for extra shine and softening. Deep penetrating and helps to prevent breakage. Gentle enough for daily use and is an excellent therapy for all hair types.
Contains no petrolatum or mineral oil
Enriched with extra virgin olive oil
I loved the fact this moisturiser had ingredients I liked so that's a plus..I use this as a leave-in after a  co-wash and de tangling session and as a daily moisturiser  I then seal it in with Castor Oil..looove me some castor oil its thick but my hair loves it..
The other new thing I ma trying is protective styling .I have always heard that this is a great way to keep hair healthy and a way to retain growth..but I don't like braids and lines don't last even a week on my fine hair..so I decided to research on others way to not manipulate my hair so much..I decided to start bunning with a ponytail hair extension. I found one fro Beauty Wholesale on mama Ngina street a Freetress tendril curl ponytail that looks kinda like my hair after a wash n go.. I have also been experimenting with up-dos as this tucks in my ends and will attempt to crochet braid soon...

All in all we are in a good place me and my hair and hope we'll continue this way..
How is your relationship with your hair??
be blessed y'all


No comments:

Post a Comment