Sunday 30 December 2012

Straight Crochet Braids

Hey y'all,
So decided to install the crochet braids again but this time I used straight Kanekalon syntheitc braids. I used a packet of Sleek City Girl Smooth Operator 20/16 in color 2 and for some colour I used Darling Xpressions braid in no 4. The sleek braid was about 600/- and the Darling about 250/-..
The braid pattern i used was 15 lines all the way to the back and one line across at the back so I can tie a ponytail with the braids..because of the straight hair I tied knots after looping the braid on.I actually wanted to curl them with straws but my sister and braider said I should keep them straight for a couple of days then curl them..so here are the results..not bad but I like curly hair better than straight so will curl them asap




6 comments:

  1. Looks really nice! Have you ever tried tree braids? You can tree braid the entire head and then crotchet braid the exposed cornrows at the front to get a full effect. I just find full head crotchet braiding very labour intensive and too long so this is a perfect shortcut using both styles. They are called drop lines, drop braids or minus braids in Kenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks so much.. No I have not tried the tree braids but I definitely will check them out and see if I can get them done

      Delete
  2. I Love the crochet Braids On you! I can't wait to See what it Looks like curled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I will post pics of them curled soonest!

      Delete
  3. Is there a more natural looking braid/weave in Kenya that I can use for the crotchet braids... more like the afro kinky kind of hair??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia unfortunately none that I have come across but you can go to blush at apic center in Westlands and order for marley braids they are afro and kinky looking

    ReplyDelete