Friday 14 September 2012

Home made spritz





Hey beautiful people,
So when I started my natural hair journey I had really dry hair and wanted something that I could use to hydrate my hair. I came across this recipe for a moisture spritz on www.kurlykichana.com and decided to try it out with the ingredients I had in my house.. I have varied it a little but the principle is the same..
I use an old bottle of Bath n Bodyworks splash that I cleaned out. I generally eye ball the ingredients so don't really measure..

I add about 3 dollops of Suave conditioner(it has no silicones so that's why I like it)
Glycerine
Rose water
2 drops lavender essential oil
Water( I make sure the concoction is more watery so it's easier to spray)

I then shake to blend I don't make a lot of it as I don't want it to go bad

I use Rose water because it improves the blood circulation in the scalp. Regular use of rose water can also promote hair growth. Rose water is also a very good hair conditioner and revitalizes the hair. It can also help in reducing inflammations. It has also been found to be very effective in countering the dandruff caused due to fungal infections. It boosts the health of the hair and so reduces hair falling and dryness of the scalp and the hair. It also makes the hair strong and flexible and so there is minimal broken hair or split ends
Glycerin is a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture to your hair which it always needs.
Lavender essential oil aids in hair growth.
So there you have it.. have any of you tried making a spritz if you have what's in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment